Last Friday, July 1, 2011around 5pm the surrounding area of where we live experienced a destroying storm. I don't think anyone really knows if it was a tornado or not, but it sure did similar damage as a tornado would. Fortunately for us no damage was done to our house, sheds, or barns. Around our house we just had some branches down. At the farm we had a lot of tree damage. Some of these trees are probably 100+ year old Maples that were just beautiful once... now not so much.
Again we are so blessed that all our structural buildings went untouched, but some people in the area had much more damage. In a neighboring town, Belview, a tree fell on a nursing home and they needed to evacuate the residents to other places.
Some people were without power for several days. I think the town of Redwood Falls went 2 days or so without power, some in the rural areas went 4-5 days! We again did pretty good and just have 5 or 6 hours. No person was hurt that I know of but I know some houses were. Please say prayers for all these people.



No comments:
Post a Comment