Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Zach turns 3!

October 1st my Zachy had his 3rd birthday. He is getting to be such a big boy.

His birthday was on a Saturday so we decided we would make a trip to the farming area of Good Thunder, MN (aka Grandma and Grandpa Sohre's house) and have all the Sohre cousins and Aunts and Uncles over to celebrate.

A few weeks ago Zach came up with he wanted a "Rocket Ship" for his birthday. Every time I asked that is the reply I got. So I try to figure out what he means by this and where he got the idea of a rocket ship.
The best I could do was that we have recently be watching the Toy Story movies, all 3 of them. And in the movie Buzz Lightyear is sort of a rocket ship. So I went with that.


Auntie Shelly got all on board with this and volunteered to design a ROCKET SHIP cupcake for Zach.
He is her Godson after all so, it seemed appropriate!
They turned out sooo cute!

And Zach was delighted and ready to dig in.


We did some Toy Story decorations...

And again the aftereffects of the Rocket Ship cupcakes.

For the most part the whole Sohre family was there and we even were able to WebCam Uncle Darrin from DC.  We have never done this... so we were all pretty darn excited to be able to see him and talk with him.
I think he got to talk to everyone at the gathering which was like 20 some people!

Apparently there was a 'girls only' table for supper!

Then on to opening some presents.
I think at the age of 3 is when they really start to get what a birthday and presents is really all about. Zach was so excited to open his presents and celebrate his birthday.

Since his only requests for weeks was a 'rocket ship' I did the best I could. I went with the Buzz Lightyear, which he really has enjoyed. And then I found Buzz in the ship above, which kinda looks like a rocket ship. The end result was Zach was happy and delighted to have play with the toys.


In Zach's 3rd year this is what he has accomplished:
  • Can hold a crayon, marker, ect and use it (mostly scribbles).
  • Sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • Can say for the most part the table prayer and bedtime prayer.
  • Hit a ball off the T-ball stand and use a baseball glove (kind-of)
  • Count to 5 and sort-of say his ABC's (still needs some work)
  • Learned his name and how to say and what letter it starts with, "Z".
  • Talks in full sentences.
  • Says please, thank-you, sorry, and your welcome (doesn't always use them, but knows what they mean and that he should use them!)
  • He can feed himself and drinks from a cup all the time (no sippy cups).
  • Completely Potty-trained (night-time too).
  • Gave up his crib for a the bottom twin bed of bunk beds with his sister.
  • Started Pre-school and Sunday School.
  • Took a trip to Washington DC.
  • Decided his favorite color is Blue.
  • Plays very well with his big sister and also fights very well with her too.
  • Learned to swim with arm-floaties on.
  • Learned how to ride a tricycle at the beginning of the summer and by the end of the summer can ride a  bicycle with training wheels.
  • Welcomed home a new baby brother and loves him dearly. So far has never tried to purposely hurt him. Only tries to help and love him.
  • He loves to play with tractors, his train set, trucks, and his sister's dolly toys too. His favorite stuffed animal is Sharky.
  • Loves to look at books and sleeps with them too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Zachy! Such a big boy now.

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth