Poor little guy has had a cough for a couple of months. It has been getting a little worse, but I kept thinking it was just a bad cold. You can't give infants any cold medicine, so we were just trying to be troopers and hang in there until it subsides.
Well over the Christmas weekend the cough got worse. It was more "croupy" sounding. His eyes got all matty too. Amazingly no fever came about and little Jared kept is spirits ups. He continued to eat good, sleep good, and do his gorgeous smiles.
To daycare he went on Tuesday. Well he looked miserable all day so I thought it best we take him in to get checked out. I was thinking bronchitis with an antibiotic for the treatment, but I was wrong.
The doctor said we better check for RSV.
So off to the Lab Jared and I went. He had blood drawn and nasal swabs put in both his nostrils. Poor guy, he cried and cried. Then his Mommy cried and cried, but it wasn't over he needed a chest x-ray too.
That was another torturous event... more tears from both Mom and Jared.
In the end lungs were clear, but RSV was present in the nose.
Treatment is nebulizer treatments, liquid prednisone, and eye drops.
Now about a week later his is doing pretty good.
I can't believe he didn't run a fever. What a strong little tiger we have!



No comments:
Post a Comment