Monday, May 21, 2012

Rest in Peace Dear Grandma... You're the BEST!

My Grandma Maas Summers passed away last week at the age of 91. The news was a blessing as she had been battling the late stages of Dementia/Alzheimer's Disease for a number of years.
None-the-less it is still startling to hear your Grandma is gone from this Earthly life we all know. Memories rush back and I have a realization of what a wonderful lady she really was. She lost her first husband (my Grandpa) before I was born, so to me it was always just "Grandma". No "Grandma and Grandpa". She did wonderful things for us Grandkids. We stayed overnight at her house many times. She took us on some wonderful outings. 

I am lucky to say all three of my kids have gotten to sit on her lap.
The first picture is Gracie, then Zach and the third picture is Jared with Great-Grandma.

And this below picture is how I remember her the most.
She is at the prime of Grandmotherhood in this picture which was taken in 1991.
Thanks for being such a WONDERFUL Grandma to me!!!
I will always love you and I am so happy you are now able to play bingo, dance, gamble, and play cards again!!!   Have fun with Grandpa, Don, and your 2 daughters whom it has been a long time since you have gotten to see. Make them an angle food cake. I bet they have missed it. 
I will miss you and always love you.
Your Granddaughter.

And here is the entire Maas Family at her funeral.


No comments:

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth