This last week I have spent on the East Coast. I flew in last Saturday to Washington DC to spend some time visiting with my brother Darrin and his wife-to-be, Mandy. I was with them Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Tuesday-Thursday I was attending a diabetes course in Baltimore, Maryland.
After getting settled at Darrin's place after my flight on Saturday we decided to walk to a local area to get something to eat. On the way back we ended up in a rain/wind storm. Now that it is after the fact it was kinda funny... but at the time pretty miserable!! So the above photo is taken about 3 hours after I got to DC. I teased D that this is the way he welcomes me... makes me run back to his apartment in the rain!!
Mandy was off wedding dress shopping with her sisters and Mom on Saturday so Darrin and I went to a play in the evening. It was at the Kennedy Center and was called "Shear Madness". I was an enjoyable time (and we took a Taxi... so no running home in the rain!).
Sunday we spent doing a hike, which I will post pictures about later and on Monday D and I went to Gettysburg. Well, I should first say we went for a run in the morning down by the DC monuments. I tell you, nothing like running along side the Washington and Lincoln Memorials as well at the White House and Nation's Capital! Then we went out to eat breakfast at a lovely diner and had the best pancakes and eggs/sausage ever. It started out to be a lovely day. Then off to Gettysburg. We went on an afternoon bus tour of the battle field and filled ourselves up on Civil War history. It is just so amazing, yet so sad that so many people had to die and endure such terrible conditions.
The day ended with a lovely meal at a local Gettysburg Pub and then D driving me to Baltimore to drop me off at my hotel. Me and my bro... we had some great quality time together. I really enjoyed it. I also got to chum with my future sister-in-law and meet her Mom and sisters. It will be a weekend I will always cherish!!! Nothing like good quality family time. It is good for the heart and soul!



No comments:
Post a Comment