Saturday, May 3, 2014

blogging

It has been a long time since I did a blog posting. This bothers me a lot.  I am not sure how many people actually look at my blog.  It really doesn't matter the point of it is more for me actually.  See these adorable kids of mine are growing up so fast and this blog was a way to write the story of them growing up. It is a way for me to look back and remember a few of the treasured times with these wonderful little beings.  They seriously are growing up soo fast. I want it to stop. I wish I could freeze time and be able to play some of the moments back in slow motion. I want to be able to remember every moment. I want to be able to think back and remember which kid did what and when.  Instead I find Marty and I often saying "didn't Gracie used to do that?" or "Was is Zachy or Gracie that used to say that" or "Gosh I think one of the other kids did that too, I just can't remember which one" and the story goes. I am sure this is the same situation for many families that have more than one child. All the children are precious, but when thinking back they seem to all run together.  So that is where this blog comes in.  It was my intention to document a few of those extra special moments like birthday's and holiday's but even more importantly document those day-to-day moments that seem to all blend together. Someday I have the intention of printing the entire blog and it will be a beautiful coffee table book to browse through and bring back such special times and be starting for many conversations.  So that leaves me with feeling very disappointed in myself for this 5 month lapse in blogging!!!! What the heck is going on with me???  Well here is the scoop:  I've got 4 kids, a husband, a job 4 days a week, in the MN Army National Guard, a house to keep, food to make, laundry to do, a baby to breast feed, a baby to feed around the clock and overnight, and the list continues.  Seems the day is so jam packed with things to do that taking pictures, downloading pictures, editing them, uploading them, and incorporating them all in a blog with some words to explain them just doesn't make the list. Generally I most of my picture downloading and uploading on my weekend guards but lately all I want to do when I am free for my 2 hours on guard weekend is vege out and maybe catch up on some reading or watch sitcom re-runs on TV.  I just don't want to have to "do one more thing such as blogging".  So now I am here today right now typing on my computer... on my Guard weekend during my couple of hours of free-time on Saturday evening.  I do have the TV on playing "Third Rock from the Sun" re-runs, and I feel compelled to make an explanation blog about why I have not been blogging!  Well there is my confession. So I am going to try to make a better effort.  I am going to try to at least upload pictures. Maybe they won't be as organized or have a nice story to go with them, but I am going to try to do some updating and documenting of my wonderful children and their life that is passing before my eyes. I want to cherish every moment!!!!  I want to remember every moment!!!!  Being a part of these children's life is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Being a Mom to them is the most beautiful and wonderful job in the world even if it is also the most time-consuming and tiring job!  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth