The last week in July we went on our summer vacation to Lake Vermillan, MN with the Sohre clan. This year my entire family was able to come for the entire week, even Darrin from Washington DC. This is a huge deal for everyone to be together at once, because it has been many years since everyone has been able to join in the fun for the entire week. We had 3 cabins, 3 boats, 13 adults, and 11 kids! No pets allowed! The thought of everyone together for a whole week, kids and all, at first seemed like it could be a little overwhelming, but it really wasn't at all. We absolutely had the best time. All the kids played non-stop and I think the adults were following suit as well. Fishing was not great, actually it was terrible, but it didn't stop us from having fun. It rained on and off the entire week also, but we were still able to enjoy the beach most afternoons. Zach and Gracie both did fairly well. Gracie loved the Papa's boat. She kept calling it "My boat." One evening Papa took Daddy out fishing and boy did she not agree with that situation. I was on the dock with her and as they are pulling away from the dock with the boat and she is crying out "My boat, my boat!" then "My daddy, My daddy." She was not happy that her Daddy and her boat were leaving her.
we found a good Sunny hole that gave us at least one meal of fish!

Zachy and his Cousin Kate.

Sister-Brother love! I wish Gracie was always this nice to her brother.
Mommy and Zach.
Gracie and her Best Friend/Cousin Paige.
They played non-stop the entire week.
Gracie loved her life-jacket and often refused to take it off.
Such a change from last year where she screamed bloody-murder when we put it on her.
Sister-Brother love! I wish Gracie was always this nice to her brother.
Fun in the sun and sand.

Zach's first time in lake water. He enjoyed it.
Zach's first time in lake water. He enjoyed it.
Gracie and Cousin Jesse throwing rocks in the water.
On the way home. It is about a 6 hr drive. Gracie did pretty good. If she has her blankie... she usually is a pretty content kid.
Zachy on the other hand needs to hold his Mommy's hand in order to be content. I spent half the trip with my hand curved behind my seat so I could reach his hand. If I let go for a second he would cry.

The wonderful Sohre Clan - all 24 of us!!!
I think on Sunday when we were all back at our respective homes we were all missing each other. It is hard to spend an entire week together and then go our separate ways again. I hope next year we are all able to spend the week together again.
The wonderful Sohre Clan - all 24 of us!!!
Thanks Mom for making this possible!
Thanks family for being so GREAT!



2 comments:
Glad you had a great time. The pictures are sweet.
Oh...I want to go back! We had a great time didn't we.
Post a Comment