Friday, June 10, 2011

Mom and Dad 40th Wedding Anniversary

June 4th 1971 to June 4th 2011
5 kids, 11 3/4 grandkids, 3 homes, a couple of different jobs, several dogs, lots of vacations, lots of smiles, an abundance of laughs, a  few hard times and a couple of tears =
40 years of Love and Marriage

 

That's my Mom and Dad... 40 years!
Wow, that is a long time.  To celebrate all of us kids and spouses (Darrin in spirit) got together to go out for supper at a Japanese Grillhouse in Mankato.  It was such a great time.  

Wendy and Jason

Christy and Ted

Shelly and Jesse

Marty and Terri




 We had lots of good food and good entertainment... the fire was just a bit scary!
 Then it was time for some Japanese Shots (for those of us that can do alcohol!)
 And more good food.
 Then out to the lake for a Pontoon Ride and a few more drinks.

 We had some Champagne and did some toasting. Dad first and then as a family.


 Treasured moments and good times that is what marriage is all about. 
I have learned many things from my Mom and Dad about Marriage.  I have learned that it is about sticking it out through the hard times, making the most of the good times, and always treasure each other and the life you have created together, because without your companion in life, nothing else is really worth it!

Thanks for setting the great example Mom and Dad. Mart and I have just about 8 years in, we have had 2 homes, we have just about 3 kids, just one dog so far, we have had a few different jobs (or I guess I have), some good vacations, lots of laughs, lots of smiles, and yes a few tears... I hope in another 30 some years when we celebrate our 40th we are as blessed as you are (we certainly are on our way!).

No comments:

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth