Every year since before I can remember we have had huge family gatherings at each Grandparents home to celebrate Christmas. This year was no different.
Last weekend (Dec. 15-16) were the gatherings.
Sunday was the gathering of my Dad's family at my Grandma and Grandpa's Sohre's house. Every year a few more babies are added and amazingly I would say over 1/2 of the entire crew shows up. It gets pretty loud in the basement.
My grandparents have (if I counted and did my math correctly):- 5 sons
- 5 daughters-in-law
- 20 grandchildren
- 13 grandchildren-in-law
- 29 great-grandchildren (and probably some more on the way)
To think all this happened because "two people fell in love"
Look at all those stocking on the wall... and that isn't even all of them. Grandma can't keep up!
Above is my Grandpa Sohre... a wonderful man!
Letting the food digest after the big meal.On Saturday was my Mom's side of the family...
a little smaller, but equally as grand.
This year my sister Christy hosted the gathering.
This year my sister Christy hosted the gathering.
Here's the stats from this family (again if I counted correctly):
- 3 daughters
- 3 son-in-laws
- 12 grandchildren
- 7 grandchildren-in-law (soon to be 8)
- 15 great-grandchildren (another on the way)
Below: Gracie and Great-grandma

The kids opening presents and giving Grandma a hug.
I think Grandma very much enjoyed the day!


As I see how these families have grown over the years... I wonder what Marty and I's holiday gatherings will be like in 40-50 years. Will both of us be around? Will we have tons of grandkids and little great-grandkids running around? Will our kids want to come home to celebrate with us? Will we want them home with us (J/K)? Will we be happy and healthy? I hope so!



No comments:
Post a Comment