Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gracie in College?

For those of who do not know I am working on my Master's degree to become a Clinical Nurse Specialist at Minnesota State University, Mankato. This semester I took an advanced nursing assessment class, which had to meet on campus every Friday morning (most of my classes are online with once-a-month onsite meetings). The last 4 weeks of this class was pediatric assessment. On our very last day my instructor wanted us to bring in some real-live children so she could demonstrate some assessment skills to the class. I volunteered to bring in my Gracie. So Gracie got her first visit to the big University and to go to school with her Mommy! She, of course, did a wonderful job. She let all my fellow classmates look in her ears and listen to her heart. She was a little squirmy when my instructor was demonstrating on her, but overall got an A+ for the day.




Since we were on campus, we of course had to go visit my Mom, who works at the campus Hub. Grandma was very eager and proud to show off her granddaughter. I think we met 50 co-workers in 30 minutes. Grandma showed Gracie how to use the computer! I think Gracie will be able to bypass Kindergarten and 1st Grade... She attended college the entire time I was pregnant and now at 8months old has been in a college classroom!
Our visit was lots of fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gracie must have gotten your brains since she by-passed everything and went straight to college! Cute pictures. Chris

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth