Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween Fun!

Last Friday for Halloween Marty was busy catching up on things on the farm so I took my troops to Christy's house by Mankato to go trick-n-treating with her 4 kids and their neighbor friends. It was a beautiful evening and the kids had a blast. I don't think Gracie really understood the concept of going up to people's houses but she loved wearing her FROG costume and of course she loved the candy. It is funny how kids develop a liking for chocolate so young!
We started the afternoon going to the nursing home to visit the
kid's Great-Grandma Summers.
Then we ate pizza with Christy's neighbor friends and then off to the streets of Eagle Lake to collect that candy. Oftentimes Gracie would get candy in her bucket and then, the nice girl she is, would offer it to everyone else. She didn't understand it was for her! She also would start sucking on the wrapper of the candy until she got a hole in the wrapper and then chocolate would leak out for her to eat. Finally we got smart and gave her a sucker.
Carter was the fearless Cowboy who willingly pulled his sister Paige and Gracie around in the red wagon. Thanks Carter!

This is Zach's outfit for the evening.
His shirt says "I Luv My Mummy"Then Saturday night the Daly's had a birthday party for 3 of their kids. Costumes were required. We again had lots of fun with the cousins. They are all so cute.
I say Spenser wins the prize for best costume. He was a Pirate.
Me and my troops. I was a surgeon and I recruited Shelly to be part of my OR crew. We had a tough case that night, we hit a couple of bleeders, but I think the patient will make it. It will be critical for the next 24 hours. I let you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...that was so much fun! I don't know what was more fun...being a kid on Halloween or being a mom and watching your kids on Halloween! Glad we could spend this year's Halloween (actually the day after) with the Malecek's!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...the last post was from me. I forgot to sign my name.
Shelly

Jina said...

Cute Cute Cute!

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth