Monday, June 7, 2010

Need some advise...

Ok, I have lived in my house for over 3 years and still need to put on window treatments in my bedroom. I have shades. Very nice, room-darkening, honeycomb, with no cords, expensive shades. But no fancy, fluffy, puffy, boarder around my windows. The kids have nice shades and nice curtains, but I have neglected to do Marty's and I's bedroom. There are a few reasons for this.

  1. I spent a lot of money on the shades and didn't want to spend more.
  2. We had already made so many decisions with building the house I didn't want to make any more.
  3. We had Gracie 6 days after we moved into our new house.
  4. We had Zachy 18 months after moving into our new house.
  5. I was in grad school (lots of thinking there), started a new job, got laid off from that job, started another new job.
  6. And the real reason is mainly I just can decide what type of "treatment" I want for my bedroom... there are just so many things to choose from.

Thus this is where anyone looking at this blog can help me.

I figure I now have had a stable job for 18 months, I have been done with grad school for 2 years, and Zach is 21 months old. No more excuses. I can make this decision, so PLEASE HELP ME!


First the existing windows:

we have one of these -->

We have two of these -->
Now the options. We have already put up the rods, so that decision was miraculously made but for curtains:


OPTION # 1:
Chocolate brown with little flower imprints, swoosh to the side look so please imagine a metal tie back attached on the wall (not a hair clippy thing)


OPTION #2:
Swag scarf look on top in a light tan color. Again use your imagination that the swags look a little better... I didn't want to spend lots of time making these look perfect, as they may not stay.

To see what the room decor looks like and compare the two here is this photo. The bedspread is quilted, country looking. Our walls are a sage green color.
Ok, help me out here. I need some good advice. Either comment, call or email. What do you think with the color? style? maybe something completely different than what I have come up with?

Thanks so much!

We have other projects that are underway also that hopefully I can share soon. Stay posted! Oh are you loving this weather? Gosh we are!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay first I must say that you have the same problem Christy had a few months back. The funnier part is - one of the options for curtains is the same (the one with little flowers). The both of you are funny!!!

My selection between the two is going to be....drum roll....the same one as Christy's! The flowers on brown!

Anonymous said...

Oops - last comment was from your lovely sister Shelly!

Kristen said...

Hi!! They are both cute, but I gotta go with your sister, I like the brown w/ flowers---they "pop" against the walls and look cute w the colors on your bedspread! :D I love fun projects like this!

Farmer Gal said...

I am going to throw a wrench in things, by disagreeing with the other comments, and go with the tan ones. I think they make your pictures and other items in the room 'pop' more. But I like them both, to be honest, so I think they'll look good either way!

Farmer Gal said...

I was just thinking, maybe you need to have us over to your house so I can look at them in person. ;)

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth