(Click on the PLAY button to watch the video)
The day after Thanksgiving I decided to take both Gracie and Zach ice skating at the community center rink where Gracie has her lessons. It was open skate so we also talked Auntie Denise and Cousin Rochelle into coming as well.
I rented skates for my crew, myself included. I have only skated once in my life and that was about 15 yrs ago. So here we go, Gracie, Zachy, and me out on skates and our helpers Auntie Denise and Rochelle.
Gracie is able to stand and move around so I just kinda let her go, but my Zachy... needs some help. Lots of help. He couldn't stand at all, and then me on skates holding him. Lets just say an interesting situation. We managed pretty well though. We saw someone else pushing these blue things around, so we thought we would try that and it helped quite a bit.
I like to have adventures with the kids and this was definitely an adventure!!
Rochelle was actually really good, and I think she has only skated once before. Pushing the blue thing around, Gracie got pretty confident and started to get some speed. She pretty much does a running type of move and hasn't really started to glide, but her teacher says that will come.
I was able to catch some videos too (remember I am on skates too!). Be sure to watch them both, (just hit click on the PLAY button).
Too bad I didn't take a video when Gracie had her first lesson, because she really has improved very nicely.
I think I am going to have to invest in some skates for my little kids and maybe me too!



No comments:
Post a Comment