Monday, November 22, 2010

Ice Skating!

 Gracie started Ice Skating lessons this year at the community center in Redwood Falls.  I wasn't quite sure what she would think of it, but she LOVES it.  She is so excited to go.  The first time with the skates on she tumbled right over, but after her first lesson she already learned how to walk with them.
She passed the 1st session last week with was called Tot 1.  Now we start Tot 2 next week.
In Tot 1 the kids learn to march in place with skates on, march and move, how to fall down properly, and how to get back up without falling. 

She falls down quite a bit, but the instructor says she doesn't cry. She just gets right back up.


I have only been on skates once in my life and I don't think Marty ever has,
so I told Gracie she is going to have to teach me!  She got a kick out of that.
I hope she keeps liking it... maybe one day we will see her in the Olymics!!! Ha ha!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So cute! Way to go, Gracie!

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth