Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mankato Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, 10K, Kids K

This is a posting I started several weeks ago, but never got it uploaded.  So here it is....
So a couple of weeks after our run in the cities with the Malecek's Marty and I ran with a few of the Sohre gang in Mankato.  This was the first year Mankato did a big event run.  They hosted a Marathon, Marathon Relay, 1/2 Marathon, 10K, and a Kids K (1K). 
Shelly and I did the 10K run which is 6.2 miles. This was Shelly's first run and she did very good. It was fun to run along with her and encourage her.  We had a few laughs along the way too. I was so proud of her to for training for over 2 months and then doing the run.  When I first was trying to convince her to sign up for the run, she kinda laughed... thinking it wasn't something she could do... then with a little perseverance and dedication...she did great!!! !
The rest of the Sohre clan were the cheerleaders which included my Mom, Wendy, Christy, and all our kids.  They caught us a couple of times along the trail and it was so much fun to see them cheering us on and holding the signs.





Marty and Ted did the 1/2 Marathon. Marty finished something like 1 hr 42 minute (I can't remember exactly), anyways he did pretty good. I was proud of him. This was Ted's first run. He did very good too!





Carter did the Kid's K which was held the evening before.  He did really good and I think was one of the top 10 finishers out of like 100 kids.  This was his first run too!! Good job Cart!
It was a great day for a run and was lots of fun to do something like this together. Maybe next year I will talk my other 2 sisters into participating!!!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

It was fun!! That would be something if all of the sisters ran next year!

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth