A couple of months ago my Mom and Dad came over for a visit on for a Sunday afternoon. They surprised us and brought my 2 nieces and nephew along - the Hodgkin clan.
Well it has kinda become a tradition when Mom comes visit that her and I make an angel food cake. I try to make them on my own, but they always turn out fluffier when Mom is around to help.
This is "THE GRANDMA SUMMERS ANGEL FOOD CAKE" recipe, so it makes sense that my Mom needs to be present for them to get the extra fluff.
Well the girls must have been off playing Barbies or something and Zach is usually my little kitchen helper with baking, so somehow we got Spenser convinced to help us too. According to him he has never mixed up a cake or baked a cake. Well I thought this was something his Auntie could not allow. Everyone needs to know how to bake, no matter if you are a girl or a boy.
So we insisted Spenser do most of the work. Grandpa even helped out... cause you know he has made so many cakes in his life (ha ha, not really). But Grandpa did seem to know what he was talking about and guided Spenser in the right direction.
Again it must have been a boy cooking day, cause my Jared was involved as well.
I have to say it turned out very well and I think Spenser has a new calling in life... Angel food cake making!
He was very proud. I think he had fun too!



No comments:
Post a Comment