Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pittsburgh Marathon 2010

During the Christmas holiday's last year Marty's sister, Lisa, in casual conversation told us her and her husband Mick were going to run in the Marathon in the city they live in, Pittsburgh, PA. I thought about this for a little bit and thought that would be a great accomplishment. I have always wanted to run a marathon, now was probably a good time to do it. I told Marty my idea and he got on board also. So 18 weeks after training for this big event, we finally accomplished our goal. I crossed the finish line after running 26.2 miles in 4 hours, 40 minutes, and 48 seconds.

Marty crossed the finish line after running 26.2 miles in 4 hours, 29 minutes, and 47 seconds. Lisa and Mick also crossed that finish line too!

We all got medals after we crossed the finish line and are so proud of our accomplishments. This was a first time Marathon for Lisa, Marty and I. This was Mick's 4th. We are so glad we are done and were able to finish. No major injuries, just a few blisters, and many sore muscles. Throughout the entire race there was a little rain, luckily it never down poured, so the rain actually kept us a little cooler.

Tonight we are all walking around like little old men/women... all the leg muscles are aching. We have decided we can't consume enough of that lovely drug ibuprofen/Motrin with a little Tylenol on the side!

We can now cross "running a marathon" off of our lists of life goals! At this point we are thinking this is the first and last marathon we will run... time will tell!

No comments:

baby growth
baby growth
baby growth