My sister-in-law just e-mailed these pics and I had to share. In the beginning of May our niece, Rochelle, had her 1st Communion. Me, not growing up Catholic, really had no idea what this entailed. I really didn't know about the beautiful little dresses these little girls get to wear. Rochelle and her parents live in the cities, so we went the night before and stayed at there house. When Rochelle's mom, Denise, showed us Rochelle's dress... I was like: WOW! This is prettier than my wedding dress!!!
Rochelle generally doesn't like her hair to be played with... but for some reason she always lets her Aunt Terri put in a pony-tail or a braid or something when they come to visit us. This makes me feel pretty special! So I was in charge of doing Rochelle's hair for the big event. We put in a bunch of curls, tied it back a little, and then attached the veil. She looked so pretty! I am thinking Marty and I might have to change our religious affiliation to Catholic (we are Lutheran)... just so my Gracie could wear such a pretty dress! (just kidding)
After the service Denise took a couple pictures of the Rochelle with Gracie and Zach.
It was such a wonderful service. It really was a treasure to be able to see Rochelle receiving the wonderful sacrament of Holy Communion. I almost cried! We are so proud of her and cherish the love we have from Jesus for all of us.



No comments:
Post a Comment